- Three killed — including 8-year-old boy — in bomb blasts near finish line of Boston Marathon, officials say. Area hospitals say at least 144 are injured, including eight children.
- Two explosions happened at about 2:50 p.m., more than two hours after the first of the race’s nearly 27,000 runners had crossed the finish line.
- Boston.com journalist tells CNN “blood everywhere,” people missing limbs.
- Race called off; Red Cross and Google set up websites to help people find loved ones in the area
- Full story here; also, see CNN affiliates WBZ; WCVB; WHDH
[Update, 11:05 a.m. ET Tuesday] This post is no longer being updated. For Tuesday’s coverage, please read this story.
[Update, 11:41 p.m. ET] Stephen Segatore, a nurse who was at the medical tent near the finish line for the Boston Marathon, said emergency responders immediately went into mass-casualty mode.
“We had full trauma…
Ver la entrada original 3.234 palabras más